freescan and bcd396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

c55399

I have a bcd396xt that i program with radioreference database through freescan. I have downloaded this system: Montreal Fire Trunking System, Montreal, Quebec - Scanner Frequencies and uploaded to my scanner. Each time i go to the upload to scanner window this system is checked which in my understanding mean the system is missing in the scanner or different than the one already in the scanner. Even if i download from the scanner and doesn"t modify it.

It seems that wheter the scanner or freescan modify the system.

Any help on figuring that problem would be appreciated.

I hope that you will understand my poor english.

Merci

captclint

Mentor
I have a bcd396xt that i program with radioreference database through freescan. I have downloaded this system: Montreal Fire Trunking System, Montreal, Quebec - Scanner Frequencies and uploaded to my scanner. Each time i go to the upload to scanner window this system is checked which in my understanding mean the system is missing in the scanner or different than the one already in the scanner. Even if i download from the scanner and dosn"t modify it.
If a system is checked, it means you modified or added it in Freescan. Be sure the "replace any system with same name" is checked, and it should over write what is in the scanner. If you go to Download from scanner, and click on the :"queue System list", you should see if there are more than one Montreal fire.

Now if you are downloading from RR, and you already have Montreal Fire, it will add it as a new system each time you download from RR. Make sure the system name is the same and just select the lastest system to upload to the scanner. There are many different ways to do this, but you should be able to over write the existing system in the scanner with exactly the same name.

Last edited:

cpuerror

Systems are checked by default for upload, unless you have already uploaded them and haven't modified them since. Doesn't matter whats on your scanner already. If you did an upload, then saved that file, next time you load that file it will be unchecked by default until you make a modification to that system.

Blackink

Systems are checked by default for upload, unless you have already uploaded them and haven't modified them since. Doesn't matter whats on your scanner already. If you did an upload, then saved that file, next time you load that file it will be unchecked by default until you make a modification to that system.

Yup...that's a great feature too! Thanks for creating such good software, cpuerror.

c55399

Thank you for your answer, Maybe i wasn't clear...

here is my problem:

- I download the system from radio reference
- Upload it to my scanner
- Then i download it from the scanner to freescan

After these 3 steps even if i didn't modified the system it will be checked.

Iwas thinking that maybe the scanner itself modify the system when i transfer it?

bob550

Premium Subscriber
- I download the system from radio reference
- Upload it to my scanner
- Then i download it from the scanner to freescan

You should use FreeScan to import the system you want. Once it downloads into FreeScan, you can upload to your scanner. Just remember to save the FreeScan file before closing it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.