Freescan and BCT15X.

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlin

Well, getting familiar with freescan, easy to use.
Now my 'bear tracker' still doesn't track but did find that elusive Icon showing a control channel. No further information in the log file though.
This setup is so far easier than the scanner control.
Is there other scanner remote software that may log IDs or system protocols ?
Sadly, I had to take down my discone ant for roof construction, but still get good reception with the little whip on close call groups.

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
not much analogue trunking left to listen to and the 15x doesn't decode digital signals, i might add.

merlin

not much analogue trunking left to listen to and the 15x doesn't decode digital signals, i might add.
True the BCT15X does not decode digital voice, but in order to track anything it MUST decode the digital data from the control channel.
Thanks to Freescan, looks to be doing that, but the bear tracker feature simply doesn't track anything, even on a known system CC.
Only flaw I see with Freescan is the log file won't delete selected lines.
I also found that vague CC icon when held on a control channel.
73s

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
True the BCT15X does not decode digital voice, but in order to track anything it MUST decode the digital data from the control channel.
Thanks to Freescan, looks to be doing that, but the bear tracker feature simply doesn't track anything, even on a known system CC.
Only flaw I see with Freescan is the log file won't delete selected lines.
I also found that vague CC icon when held on a control channel.
73s
The Bear Tracker feature was set up to monitor the most commonly used conventional channels in each state. These would include the frequencies commonly used for "mobile radio extenders ", the frequencies were those used by some agencies to connect the officer's portable radio to the more powerful unit installed in their vehicle. The feature also included the input frequencies used by field units to access the mobile repeaters used by their respective departments. It was not designed to track trunked systems, regardless of the type used. As these were all "simplex" transmissions using the weaker portable radios, you would need to be very close, within a mile or two, to hear them.

The current BearTracker 885 hybrid CB radio has a database card, like those used for the various "Home Patrol" scanner models, and can track trunked system talkgroups as well as the conventional transmissions.

Status
Not open for further replies.