FreeScan and Proscan won't install on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeyDetroit

Problem:
Freescan AND Proscan will not install and/or run on my Windows 7 machine.

The install process seems to move very quickly and the progress bar speeds to about 1/4 of the way, then it looks like it just shuts down.

With freescan, it says it's installed and the icon is there. When I try to run/open it....nothing happens. No error message, no freescan, nothing.

I have already tried:
-both installing and running as administrator
-putting freescan in my allowed programs in windows firewall
-turning off the firewall completely (temporarily)
-disabling my AVG virus software
-downgrading .NET framework from 4.5.2 (the newest) to 4 (what the freescan site says)

Nothing.

I'm concentrating mostly on freescan. I noticed the install process does the exact same thing when I try to install Proscan, with the progress bar only reaching 1/4 of the way and then then install window closes.

I have never had a problem installing ANY other program/application on my Windows 7 machine and it seems to be in fine working order, besides this problem.

Freescan works fine on my cheap Windows 8.1 laptop but I want it on my Windows 7 desktop.
(My scanner is a BCD996XT)

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Blind_Shadow

Feed Provider
I have FreeScan on 2 Win 7's and 1 Vista at the moment. Never had an issue with it working except with going to the newest Ver 3.0. How ever I did get an error msg from my virus checker , Avast. I was able to do a work around and no more issues.

I am not sure on this, but it sticks in my mind that AVG virus checker was causing some issues on some of the software, but do not remember which one.

Are you getting an error msg?

CapStar362

check your event viewer under Applications and System for any errors pertaining to either a MSI Installer or Install Shield

START > Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Event Viewer

JoeyDetroit

Solved..

I ended up reinstalling my Windows 7 to a previous version and now everything works fine. I did not install .NET framework 4.5.2. I'm not sure if that was the problem but I seem to be fine without it.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.