Freescan and unit ids

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

Got a question. Using Freescan, scanner is a 396xt, almost always displays the unit id, but about 1/2 the time the unit id does not record in Freescan logging. Then sometimes the unit id records on the nerxt transmission thopugh the unit id is not related to the specific talk group recorded. All transmissions are recorded just the unit id's are not necessaily with the right tgroug or not recorded at all. I look at the scanner and can see the unit id's.

Anyone got a reson why.? Anyone got an idea how to correct?

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I've noticed that too. IDs are tricky as it is. It all depends on when the scanner stops on that talk group and whether or not the ID was already transmitted. Sometimes they go to FreeScan and sometimes they don't.

On my feed the scanner and RadioFeed sends the IDs to Scannerlive before the audio. The number displays a second or two notice before you hear that unit talk.

teufler

I have almost all the unit id's being recorded now. I went to mode 3,xt trunking indicator, where I was in the mode 2 setting. Almost all the unit id's are now catured by the log file. Now don't know why because I have enable unit id checked on, in both cases. Just like in digital trunking, audio sounds better in fm or wbfm rfather than nbfm. I just accept it and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.