Freescan Assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin256

Was wondering if someone can help me. I have freescan loaded on my laptop with everything I want to transfer to my scanner in the car. Uniden 996p2 When I am in car and open up freescan there is nothing there. Is it something that has to be saved before the transfer. I didn't think you need internet access when transferring info from laptop to scanner is that correct

Many thanks
Mark

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
If you have created, and saved, your programming on FreeSCAN, then, no, you do not need internet access to download the data into your scanner.

Did you save your file, after creating it? When you first start FreeSCAN, it does not 'automatically' remember the last file you created. Instead, you simply use the File drop-down menu to locate the file and open it up in FreeSCAN again. Once you have the file open, then you would be able to send it to the scanner.

Note that, at the bottom of the menu, you will see a list of recently opened files. Your newly created file should be there (if you saved it), so open it then download to the scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.