Freescan - BCD396XT - Alternating colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenmotion

Well, here another newbie to scanners. I had an analog scanner 20 years ago but haven't used it in probably 19. I'm ready to jump back in the game and got the BCD396XT. Wow, how much has changed.

In any case, I got an initial program in via freescan and was experimenting with alternating colors.

I noticed some channels/groups will allow me to change colors; but some others do not. The ones that reveal a "Group & Channel Options" page allow each channel to be customized. But those with a list of Trunked Frequencies do not.

Why exactly is that? Yes, I admit, I've got a lot to learn so this is probably operator error ... but if someone could enlighten me, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Well, here another newbie to scanners. I had an analog scanner 20 years ago but haven't used it in probably 19. I'm ready to jump back in the game and got the BCD396XT. Wow, how much has changed.

In any case, I got an initial program in via freescan and was experimenting with alternating colors.

I noticed some channels/groups will allow me to change colors; but some others do not. The ones that reveal a "Group & Channel Options" page allow each channel to be customized. But those with a list of Trunked Frequencies do not.

Why exactly is that? Yes, I admit, I've got a lot to learn so this is probably operator error ... but if someone could enlighten me, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,
When editing the talkgroups on your trunked systems, be sure and uncheck the box labeled "simple view".

That will allow you to see the full range of options, such as color, alert tone, volume adjust, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.