FreeScan, Com Port Setting??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kb0nly

Where the heck do you set the com port in FreeScan? I have gone through every menu, every window, can't find it.

When i click on download from scanner it shows Com 1 57600 is selected, but i can't change that anywhere and i need to select Com 2 115200.

Highpockets

Where the heck do you set the com port in FreeScan? I have gone through every menu, every window, can't find it.

When i click on download from scanner it shows Com 1 57600 is selected, but i can't change that anywhere and i need to select Com 2 115200.

Under the scanner tab (Pull down menu - top left) (Control scanner)

Last edited:

tvande

Pick either download or upload programming, then when that window opens, choose "things you can do", Then "setup comm port".

Tom

cpuerror

There are several places where you can do this. You can also click on the menu titled Things You Can Do and select Setup Com Port

K

kb0nly

I found it under Control Scanner. When i click on Download or Upload the window comes up then a warning pops up about no communication with scanner, and there is no Things You Can Do on that window, i sat there for like five minutes looking.

Thanks guys!

tvande

I found it under Control Scanner. When i click on Download or Upload the window comes up then a warning pops up about no communication with scanner, and there is no Things You Can Do on that window, i sat there for like five minutes looking.

Thanks guys!

What version of FreeSCAN are you using? I'm on .9J and when the "read from scanner" or "send to scanner" window opens, it has the "things you can do" menu at the top left of that window.

You could also try Scanner/Control Scanner to see the virtual control menu, should see a com port setup option there also.

Tom

K

kb0nly

What version of FreeSCAN are you using? I'm on .9J and when the "read from scanner" or "send to scanner" window opens, it has the "things you can do" menu at the top left of that window.

You could also try Scanner/Control Scanner to see the virtual control menu, should see a com port setup option there also.

Tom

I don't know what version i had, it's been on the old desktop on my workbench for a long time, years maybe, but i just got the latest .9J and now i see that in the top corner! And yes i found that on the Control Scanner window also.

Thanks guys!

tvande

I don't know what version i had, it's been on the old desktop on my workbench for a long time, years maybe, but i just got the latest .9J and now i see that in the top corner! And yes i found that on the Control Scanner window also.

Thanks guys!

Good News! And welcome to the new version of FreeSCAN. Might find some new/nifty things in it. <g>

Tom

K

kb0nly

Its pretty neat! I have ProScan too but this FreeScan is a lot simpler to run for quick programming choices.

Status
Not open for further replies.