Freescan copying

Status
Not open for further replies.

I5DieselDummy

Premium Subscriber
I'm sure on a site of this size this question has been asked but I haven't been able to find it. I am some what of a scanner newbie. I own a BC-7 that i love for it's simplicity and I've never typed in channel numbers like so many of the scanner experts have. After reading about several different models and makes I went with another Uniden (346XT) because after ten or twelve years of service (BC-7) it still has excellent reception and hardly shows any signs of wear,Uniden make a quality product. My dilemma is this, I bought this scanner knowing without a program to help me I'd never climb that manual programing mountain so first I signed up to be a premium member, I've learn much from the membership about CB,SSB, Ham (I'm studying) and scanning and 30 bucks is a drop in the bucket for the full use of this site. Having that said I've tried one of the freeware programs and I was getting no where so i downloaded Freescan which looked to be simple to use but i can't get the local frequencies to paste to Freescan. The instructions say copy to clipboard but Vista doesn't have a clipboard so I tried copying to notepad but when i do that it pastes all the everything to the first row to the left. I'm sure it's the operator not the program but any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I sat here yesterday and tried everything i could think of to the point that my left eye almost shot out of my head.

cpuerror

Since you are a premium sub you don't need to use easy grab. You can just use File * Import * From RadioReference Conventional (or trunked) and go from there. No copying or pasting needed.

mdulrich

Feed Provider
For future reference, to copy to the clipboard just highlight the area you want to copy and then right click and select copy. Then go to Freescan and paste. When you select copy that is what copies the selection to the clipboard. And yes, Vista has a clipboard.

Mike

I5DieselDummy

Premium Subscriber
That's great it was very easy to use (freescan) I just needed the first kernel to find the trail. I think I'll spend my time on reading up on the finer point of freescan and make notes to a real clipboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.