Freescan Download help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CStarr59

I had freescan on my computer and it worked very well. Last week I was cleaning unwanted programs of of my computer and accidentally removed freescan. When I tried to redownload it, I keep getting an error message "another program is trying to download" Can anyone help me reinstall freescan? I'm running windows Vista. I've tried several times, rebooted the machine and searched for freescan undeleted files.

CStarr59

I've closed down everything except security and it still says the same thing. I went in and tried to clean any freescan programs and it says nothing found.

cpuerror

Try installing it in Safe Mode, that should prevent any programs you have in the background from loading at startup.

CStarr59

I found the problem, it was with "windows intaller" I had to use computer management and tweak some settings in the windows installer application, reboot and now everything is just fine. I believe it is a vista problem. I did a search and numerous people have had this problem with vista, but some kind person posted a "fix". Anyway freescan is up and running. I do appreciate the help from this forum, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.