Freescan error for Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

camay123

Premium Subscriber
Hi,

I just purchased a subscription and im trying to use freescan to program my 396xt

However, I am successfull at importing USA county, but when I try Canada I get an error in freescan after choosing the county. It doesnt list the available system of frequency.

Is Freescan and radioreference canada db compatible ?

camay123

Premium Subscriber
I have tried again and still get the error.

I only get an error when wanting to browse conventionnal system.

Im trying to download info on :

Conventionnal / Canada / Quebec / Outaouais county

I have also tried with the computer at work and same error.

Maybe someone can try and let me know if anything wrong is happening.

Last edited:

cpuerror

Okay I see what the problem is. There is just something weird about that one particular county that is causing the problem, possibly because it only has 2 consonants in the entire 8 letter name. But the next version will fix this.

camay123

Premium Subscriber
Okay I see what the problem is. There is just something weird about that one particular county that is causing the problem, possibly because it only has 2 consonants in the entire 8 letter name. But the next version will fix this.

ok, then ill guess ill have to buy another software if i want to program my home town ?

cpuerror

You can just wait a few days for the new version, or use Ez Grab to bring the frequencies, or do whatever it's up to you.

MFD4305

Probably Not Necessary

ok, then ill guess ill have to buy another software if i want to program my home town ?

Camay123,
I'm going to try to walk a fine line here, replying uninvited as an uninvolved third party.

First - I absolutely support paying for a premium membership both for the benefits it brings the user and because it supports Lindsay's fine work here.

But - Assaf makes an excellent point that FreeScan's "EZ-Grab" feature makes an great interim solution. I recommend that you try it while you're waiting for the next release of FreeScan. You won't find a better program for the Uniden scanners.

JMHO

camay123

Premium Subscriber
You can just wait a few days for the new version, or use Ez Grab to bring the frequencies, or do whatever it's up to you.

Camay123,
I'm going to try to walk a fine line here, replying uninvited as an uninvolved third party.

First - I absolutely support paying for a premium membership both for the benefits it brings the user and because it supports Lindsay's fine work here.

But - Assaf makes an excellent point that FreeScan's "EZ-Grab" feature makes an great interim solution. I recommend that you try it while you're waiting for the next release of FreeScan. You won't find a better program for the Uniden scanners.

JMHO

thanks both for your help.

I didnt know a new version was due so early.

Thanks also for the opinion on freescan, probably saves me money to buy another software.

EDIT: I just saw Free Scan is Canadian. (I am a proud Canadian and thus will use the Canadian-made solution, and stubbornly so.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.