Freescan file for Schaumburg/Chicago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremym70

Traveling to the Schaumburg/Chicago area in about a week and was hoping someone would have a freescan file they could share to give me a start on programming my 396XT?
Thank you!

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
The PD is now I believe PhaseII ENC and the FD is "Digital PhaseII, someone up there can verify....

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Yes, RoninJoliet is right. Schaumburg IL and all the NW suburbs have gone the way of Cook County Sheriff and changed to an Encrypted system. You CAN hear FIRE calls or any calls they choose to put in the open, but you need the new TDMA able Uniden scanners or an old GRE-PSR-800.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
There are plenty of other things fire and police wise to listen to. It happens that Schaumburg Police and fire is dispatched by Northwest central who uses P25 Phase II on their new system. Police is encrypted, fire is not. There are towns around Schaumburg who still use fire for VHF and UHF-T band for police , ISP starcom21 which is still P25 Phase I as is DuPage county.

jeremym70

Thanks for the info, I had heard about the encryption and Phase 2 in Cook County. I will be in Chicago as well, pretty sure fire and police are conventional there? Just looking to get whatever I can get for files to pre-program my 396XT.
Thanks.

FFPM571

Premium Subscriber
Chicago police is UHF conventional analog, Chicago Fire is a P25 UHF -T conventional and UHF analog. Most everything fire in the suburbs is VHF conventional. DuPage County is Starcom21 police Fire is Starcom21 patched to VHF. There is still a lot of UHF-T band conventional in the suburbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.