Freescan files? for MCSO etc Arizona please

Status
Not open for further replies.

fleef

Kristin Cavazos Phoenix Arizona
Hi all- if this is misplaced, mods/Admins please remove or move (thank you): ISO Freescan or Uniden capable files- MCSO for greater Phoenix area. I am capable of programming myself, it's just that I always mess up my MCSO programming some how & it never works. If I can see a file, I can use it, also study & learn from it (so I need not ask again) I'd greatly appreciate it. Got away from the hobby for a while, now getting back into it. I use Freescan, but Ive even programmed mine by hand- manually! I pretty much understand the basics, but I always have issues with programming things like LCN stuff & our MCSO. Ive no prob w/RWC pretty easy just putting in the Control Channels. Radio's being delivered tomorrow. Thank you- also, a bit off topic- I see now Yahoo! Groups is defunct- you used to be able to go in Files section of groups for these things, I searched on groups.io but for the life of me can NOT find Arizona Scanners or any of the "FedFreqs" groups. Searched using many terms- no soap.

fleef

Thank you John. I will do. Last time I tried it (with my old Phase 1 scanner) I did something wrong & never could receive properly.

fleef

Maricopa County is a P25 Phase II simulcast trunked system.

No LCN needed. Just program in the control channels as you do the RWC or TOPAZ RWC.

John
Peoria

OK to save time & aggravation I subscribed to a Premium RR subscription. WELL worth time saved & effort. Husband had to help me with USB drivers install, without his help I don't know if I could have done it on my own. He is not a scanner guy, but he does know everything about computers thank God. I am so excited to hear the Phase 2 stuff now - a Uniden bcd996P2, I read the engine for this is superior to the TRX 2, which was my first choice. This one is cheaper anyway. I got out of scanning & my old scanner's Phase 1 only capable. I will use that for conventional or whatever. Thanks again. EDIT_ I am really loving this radio & the RR Premium for database download is fabulous. Fabulous! Never again will I do this by hand.

fleef

You made a great choice. The 996P2 rocks!
Yes well I got one being familiar with the BCD996XT, I didn't want to have to learn new technical terms and so on with another brand. Honestly it was hard deciding - I almost got (rather pricey) newer Whistler- after reading I figured heck the 996P2 will receive & do what I want it to do, & I know these Unidens. I also noted one of the improvements listed for this receiver was that it doesn't have the "power interruption problem" of the older scanners- that NO body seemed to acknowledge before & had no idea what I was talking about when I mentioned a Uniden BCD996XT lost trunking after it lost power before being turned off at the switch (got unplugged while it was on) yes I have heard of scanners doing this before- it def isn't common. I was so mad at it I gave up scanning for some time. No worries- now, I can get back to listening to the good guys catch bad guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.