FreeSCAN for iOS, the official thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
I'm running a 396XT. I have all the control functions going correctly between my iPhone and scanner. However I do no hear any audio on the iPhone.

Do I need to run an audio cable from the 396XT's headphone jack to the sound card of my computer? If so, which input should I use on the sound card?

Are the other apps mentioned above (TuneIn Radio or ScannerCast) also needed somewhere, such as on my PC or iPhone?

mrkelso

I'm running a 396XT. I have all the control functions going correctly between my iPhone and scanner. However I do no hear any audio on the iPhone.

Do I need to run an audio cable from the 396XT's headphone jack to the sound card of my computer? If so, which input should I use on the sound card?

Are the other apps mentioned above (TuneIn Radio or ScannerCast) also needed somewhere, such as on my PC or iPhone?

I am also wondering about the audio hook up. Does it need a cable? How is scanner cast setup?

XTS3000

Just downloaded and it's working great! Thanks for the update and keep up the great work.

With this update, I no longer need to use TuneIn radio app to stream the audio. I use this FreeSCAN iOS app for the received audio on the iPhone.

For those who don't know or understand how the audio is transmitted to your iOS device. You still need to use ScannerCast software along with the FreeSCAN software on your PC. I connected the headphone output of a 396XT to the Mic Input on the laptop. Some adjustments to the PC mic settings was needed to nice clean/clear audio.

There is an audio delay from ScannerCast software vs what is displayed onscreen. There is no way around this! Some people will have only a small delay, others will have a longer delay. All depends on your ISP and cellular or wifi connection.

This newest app update supports audio streaming when app is closed or minimized, which is how it should be in the iOS environment. The audio continues when the iOS device goes to sleep now as well.

Don't forget to rate this app in the App Store. This developer was kind enough not to put in a NAG pop up to rate his app.

Great app, thanks.

Last edited:

cpuerror

Glad to hear you like the app!
I would never put a review nag pop up in any of my apps. Those things annoy the heck out of me!

Loverickbass

Premium Subscriber
I'm having trouble loging into the app. Do I put in my URL plus the :port number? Is the user name and password for my router?

Spiffy_Jiffy

Premium Subscriber
FreeSCAN iOS app available?

I can't seem to find the iOS app on the app store for freescan software? is this related to the site being down?

RF-Burns

Not Available In The United States???

I have been trying to download the iOS App so I can control my 996. The App Store it says that it is not available in in the United States. See Screen Shot from my phone. Anyone with any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 944

OriginalJimbo

Premium Subscriber
I have been trying to download the iOS App so I can control my 996. The App Store it says that it is not available in in the United States. See Screen Shot from my phone. Anyone with any ideas?

Hey..did you ever find out why happened?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baayers

Although thanks to my friend I was able to load this app into my phone through iTunes I am now greeted every time I open the app with a message telling me that due to no 64-bit support this app will not work in iOS 11. Dang! I guess once again I'm late to the party.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
Wow thank you for this! I need something like this to lock on specific channels on my live feeds during an incident.

JimmyBaB

App still around?

Hello,

I can no longer find the app on the app store. Can someone give me the name of it? I have tried Freescan and Free Scan.

Or if there is any other way to use an apple device to connect to Freescan?

Thanks

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.