Freescan - global edit

Status
Not open for further replies.

c5corvette

Premium Subscriber
I have a conventional group with lots of frequencies, and I want to make a global change to all the entries in the group.

For example, I want to set the ATTenuator for all without having to click each and every checkbox.

I try to highlight the entire list (which I can do), but when I try to make a global change it only edits one.

Maybe a "fill down" command is in order or am I missing something already in place?

What am I doing wrong?

jackj

I don't think it is possible to globally change the entire column. At least I haven't found a way to do it either. Such an option would be handy at times, maybe a right-click menu option.

rwier

yes, the way i do it is to

change the top cell
copy the top cell
highlight and paste to my change selections

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
huh?

Maybe I didnt explain well enough. I want to change just one column, the whole column at once...
You can do this:
Hold down your <Shift> key then highlight the top, and bottom, entry in your list. All the ones in-between will now be highlighted (selected).

Now, with all the entries highlighted, release Shift & hold down the <Ctrl> (control) key.

Keep pressing Ctrl, and use your mouse to check Att for, say, the top entry.
(Don't release <Ctrl>, because that will release the selection in the next step.)
With the selected group still highlighted, & <Ctrl> still pressed, click the Att check box for another entry in your group.

This will change all of them to the same value. You can do the same to make all the same display color, or flip all to, say, NFM mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.