Freescan help in Columbus

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjared090404

Premium Subscriber
I have a BCT15x and also live in Columbus. I am trying to use FreeScan to program and wanna separate out each zone.. Can you help me out? I am new to scanners and would appreciate the help.

Last edited by a moderator:

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Please don't hijack other peoples threads. I've moved your post to its own thread.

captclint

Mentor
I have a BCT15x and also live in Columbus. I am trying to use FreeScan to program and wanna separate out each zone..
First we have to establish what system you are trying to separate. I would guess it is: Franklin County Public Safety Trunking System
and then I would assume you are talking about the police zones. If so, you need to create a Moto TypeII/p25 trunking system. Then create groups for the zones, and enter some or all of the Columbus PD Far North (Zone 1) Talkgroups using the DEC. For example 1328 PATROL 1 Repeat this for the other zones you want. . If this is not the system, please supply the link.

Last edited:

mjared090404

Premium Subscriber
CaptClint,

Yes that is what i am trying to accomplish. I am very new to scanning and am confused when entering the info into FreeScan.

captclint

Mentor
CaptClint,

Yes that is what i am trying to accomplish. I am very new to scanning and am confused when entering the info into FreeScan.
This is a good guide: FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki Check Editing a Trunked System, see Type 2/P25 selected
then Create/Edit Site, then Create Group, Editing a Trunked Group
Here, you create as many groups as you need for all the zones you want.

However, you really need to understand Uniden DMA FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki and Programming Your Uniden Scanner 1st

Since you are paid subscriber to this site, you can get the automatic down loads of some or all of the systems in your area.. This can save you countless hours of programming and frustration. See:
Freescan File Import Radio Ref Trunked
,log on, select your state and county, and then Franklin County Public Safety Trunking System, see Freescan_RR_Trunk_Import, check the zones you want, and hit Import and skip all the Freescan instructions above:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.