Freescan Help NEEDED with Uniden 396T

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve_barr

Premium Subscriber
Hello All
I am to program a Uniden 396T (not XT) with Freescan. My struggles are with MARCS sites/talk groups.

First, am I understand this correctly that you can only have one scanner site (control channel) per system you set-up. From there you can have multiple groups under that site. That is how I am understanding this at this point.

Second, I am receiving radio traffic from talk groups I don't even have programmed into the radio. Example, I only have Fire talk groups programmed into the group for a specific county, I am receiving traffic from any Fire, Police, Sate Patrol, etc. that is within range of the site I am monitoring.

I will gladly take any input or ideas from anyone who has experience with Freescan and/or a 396T.

Thanks!!!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Your first comment is basically correct - 1 site per system with this old radio, but keep in mind that each site often has multiple control channels for each site. You should have all the control channels for that one site in your system

Your second question is very easy - you're in ID Search, not ID Scan mode. You can change that and reload it in FreeScan, or you can do it manually. See the Easier to Read manual, viz.

Mike

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Second, I am receiving radio traffic from talk groups I don't even have programmed into the radio. Example, I only have Fire talk groups programmed into the group for a specific county, I am receiving traffic from any Fire, Police, Sate Patrol, etc. that is within range of the site I am monitoring.

change the system to scan the talkgroups not search for talkgroups.
Steve

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
You have it in ID Search mode. Just push the SCAN button to change it to ID SCAN. You'll find that you'll accidently do that quite often, I did when I had a 396T.
They made it in the next versions 396xt, 325p2 having to push the func button to do that.

steve_barr

Premium Subscriber
@ka3jjz @Saint & @Ronaldski

Thanks guys for the help!! The IDSCAN was exactly the problem. That was driving me CRAZY! Now, I just have to figure out the best way to address the single site issue. I feel like I will have too many sites/groups to make it user friendly. I have never programmed a scanner that is restricted by 1 site. I am programming this for a friend, so I am trying to make the final product usable.......

Thanks again for the help, it is much appreciated!

tvengr

Well Known Member
In the Trunked System Setup page of FreeSCAN, ID Search is the default selection of ID Mode. If you change it to ID Scan, your scanner will be in ID Scan when you Upload Programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.