Freescan Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nashscan

I'm trying to get my old BCD396XT set back up. I have a Windows 10 desktop and tried to connect my scanner to my PC using Freescan and the USB cable that fits into my Uniden. I installed the PL2303 drivers and nothing seems to work. Tried matching the baud rate, plugging it into different USB ports, etc. Nothing works just error messages. Any ideas?

tvengr

Well Known Member
I'm trying to get my old BCD396XT set back up. I have a Windows 10 desktop and tried to connect my scanner to my PC using Freescan and the USB cable that fits into my Uniden. I installed the PL2303 drivers and nothing seems to work.
How old is your cable? This may be the problem:

Uniden USB-1 Cable
Important Windows 8 and 10 Information
The current Prolific Driver, as delivered through their web site and through Windows Update for Windows 8 and 10, will not work with older USB-1 cables that use the PL2303HXA chipset. To use these drivers you must have a current USB-1 cable that uses the PL2303HXD chipset. If your cable was bought before 2013 you need to buy a new cable.

nashscan

How old is your cable? This may be the problem:

Uniden USB-1 Cable
Important Windows 8 and 10 Information
The current Prolific Driver, as delivered through their web site and through Windows Update for Windows 8 and 10, will not work with older USB-1 cables that use the PL2303HXA chipset. To use these drivers you must have a current USB-1 cable that uses the PL2303HXD chipset. If your cable was bought before 2013 you need to buy a new cable.
Pre 2013 probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.