Freescan issue..anyone else???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocn29rsc

I have been running 2 bc996xt scanners and from time to time a BC396T running all the time and just recently updated the software and now can't run them due to error messages that pop up with in minutes of running virtal.

Anyone else having this issue? What do I do to fix it?

Thanks.

J. Cody
ocn29rsc@yahoo.com

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I've never seen this before, might try reinstalling and see if that helps.
I'm seeing the same thing, after the latest round of M/S updates. (XP-Professional)

I've tried removing/reinstalling FreeScan, going back to an earlier version, reloading (or repairing) .Net, as much as Windows will permit, but still no change. (It will not allow a complete uninstall/reinstall of the later versions, after 2.0.)

However, if I click through, using the "continue" on that pop-up message, FreeScan works normally.

MarkWestin

It sounds like you may be having Dot Net problems. I had a Dot Net problem where it said it needed an update but that the update couldn't be installed. I searched Microsoft's Web Site and found that they have a Dot Net Removal Tool which is supposed to remove all versions of Dot Net Framework. After running the tool, of course, you will have to reinstall the Dot Net Framework and all the updates. It might still not work in which case you do everything again. It is very annoying to say the least. I have had to do this twice so far.

Mark

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It sounds like you may be having Dot Net problems. I had a Dot Net problem where it said it needed an update but that the update couldn't be installed. I searched Microsoft's Web Site and found that they have a Dot Net Removal Tool which is supposed to remove all versions of Dot Net Framework. After running the tool, of course, you will have to reinstall the Dot Net Framework and all the updates. It might still not work in which case you do everything again. It is very annoying to say the least. I have had to do this twice so far.

Mark
Thanks Mark

I hadn't hit M/S site yet to search the knowledge base, since this had come up recently. I'll give that a shot this weekend. Got a PTO day Friday, so I'll have more time. This gives every indication of being Dot Net related, so it's worth a try.

Status
Not open for further replies.