Freescan Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickyork

I am trying to connect my 396xt to Freescan with the USB cable and for some reason it wont connect. It keeps saying that it's failing to connect to the scanner. I have the proper USB driver installed and the scanner connects without issue to ARC XT so I'm a little confused. The baud rate is set at 115200 on the scanner. Hopefully I'm not missing something simple.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to connect my 396xt to Freescan with the USB cable and for some reason it wont connect. It keeps saying that it's failing to connect to the scanner. I have the proper USB driver installed and the scanner connects without issue to ARC XT so I'm a little confused. The baud rate is set at 115200 on the scanner. Hopefully I'm not missing something simple.

I have the same issues when ever I try Freescan with my 396XT as well. I've tried everything to get it to work, but nothing seems to help. Freescan connects to 996T without any issue.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
As documented in the user manual, did you both see whether Control Channel output was on? That can prevent FreeScan from connecting...73 Mike

patrickyork

As documented in the user manual, did you both see whether Control Channel output was on? That can prevent FreeScan from connecting...73 Mike

Must have read over that part in the user manual. Worked like a charm with Control Channel output off. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.