FreeScan Manueal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
Is there any chance there is a simple simple simple place to find a COMPLETE Manuel on the Free Scan, so anywhere would help please. I want to get all the info I can out of it for its full use!!!

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
I looked there but I don't really think that's the best setup there

Sent via Tapatalk from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Did you try HELP / ONLINE HELP? The user guide is stored in our wiki, and there are links to both our wiki and the Uniden TWiki for many functions.

But just like the other DMA software, you really need to understand how DMA works to use it effectively...specifically what are you looking for?

Mike

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
There is alot of of stuff they dont cover like Locked systems, Trunking, Tapout, and I can go on and on amd yes i did try help

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Locked systems are touched on in the System Protect option in the Create System article - be careful when you use that...

Trunking as a concept is not covered in the manual, but we have links that cover it well in our intro to DMA scanning article (linked below)...

Program your DMA Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

In short, all trunking is always done at the site, not the system level. You define a system (which in this case, is simply the gathering point for all the sites/groups beneath it), then all the site(s) you wish to use, then define the groups that define the talkgroups you want to hear. With all the XT scanners, all sites share the same list of talkgroups. This is called multi site scanning. Be more specific about what you need explained and we'll take a stab at it.

Tapout (I think you mean Tape out) is pretty self explanatory, really. What do you need there?

I'd suggest one question at a time. DMA is not easy to learn, and trying to do too much all at once will likely frustrate you. Try doing a bit at a time - conventional stuff is easy, and that's where I would start....Mike

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Tape out is very simple - it's really a 2 step process to define which channels or talkgroups you want to record. Note that you need a separate connection to the soundcard of your PC for this to work. This article discusses this in detail...

Connecting Radios to Soundcards - The RadioReference Wiki

You mark those talkgroups/frequencies you want to record on the group screen, then on the system screen, you must select the tape out action you want.

As for I-Calls, see our glossary for this...

I-Call - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

ScanMaine

Premium Subscriber
So Im sitting here with the Virtual Scanner open and logging search freqs and my SRC/CloCall Opt is set to search Nacs but when I turn the scanner on and get into the log page when let say NHSP keys up it gets the freq but not the nac. If I switch it over to PL Tone it will log the PL TONE but not the NAC?

ANY IDEAS????

Status
Not open for further replies.