FreeScan not finding trunked systems Sac area

Status
Not open for further replies.

AF5MS

Premium Subscriber
I volunteered to help a gentleman from Sacramento program his BCD396XT.

So far, FreeScan is not seeing, or I am not recognizing, any trunked systems for the Sacramento area.

Further, he also wanted to include the Bay Area and further south. I have loaded 26 counties and have not seen a trunked system, yet.

I see trunked systems in the California list, some in the area I'm working on, but FreeScan apparently isn't finding them.

Any suggestions on what I'm doing wrong?

Is it possible that they are all Phase II and that is why Freescan doesn't display them?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm not too familiar with the Sac area, but there certainly are several trunk systems that Freescan finds- it has nothing to do with Phase 2 or any filtering.

It's pretty easy -- select IMPORT / RADIOREFERENCE TRUNKED from the FILE menu. Sign in, put California as the state, select Sacramento and note that there are over a dozen trunked systems listed there. You must use the pulldown to see the system and select the one you want. Click on the arrow next to the box on the form

Note that anything that's MPT-1327 or NEXEDGE can't be received by any scanner (in fact if you try to import the MPT-1327 system, you'll get a warning about this. Assaf hasn't updated this capability for NEXEDGE yet...) but will still allow you to do it. I mention this because there are 2 such systems (look at the database to validate)

Mike

Sac916

I just tried it after updating to Version 2.17 - it works.
The previous Version worked too.

AF5MS

Premium Subscriber
Feeling like a total idiot.

Just haven't used Freescan for a while.

Proving that there IS such a thing as a stupid question!!

Status
Not open for further replies.