FreeScan problem with GMRS service search

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
When I try a GMRS /FRS / MURS service search on my BCD996XT thru FreeScan, it instead does Public Service. If I do it manually on the scanner it works correctly (also thru ProScan). I can't find anything in the programmed data file regarding this. Is this a bug or a mistake on my part?

kma371

QRT
You might have just unlocked it in the programming through freescan. Check that it's locked out

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
I may not have explained the problem clearly.

I don't want to lock it out. I want to service search the GMRS /FRS / MURS.

What it does from the FreeScan scanner control program is instead scan Public Safety.

The hardware seems to work fine from the menu system on the physical scanner.

But I can't scan the GMRS thing when I select it in the FreeScan panel - it scans Public Service, which it does in the first selection in Service Search correctly. If I download the contents of the scanner to a FreeScan data file it should contain the correct info somewhere. Then if I upload it to the scanner it should work - I would think. But it still doesn't work from FreeScan correctly.

kma371

QRT
I understand your question but I'm talking about locking out the public safety one.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
Well that didn't work. I locked out Public Safety. If I select GMRS ...service search it still service searches Public Safety. If I select Public Safety service search it still searches/scan that even though it says it's "locked out"
I donno. Not a big issue but.....

SCPD

QRT
ok

see if this works.

disregard the fact that some stuff need cleaning up. I don't think it's relavent here.

didn't work.. I'll hafta change the file extension....

...too big a file :(

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
You can zip (compress) the file with any number of the usual tools, including the freeware 7-Zip program and it should post fine.

best regards..Mike

cpuerror

Just tried it over here and getting the same thing. Seems to be a bug that occurs when using XT scanners, the next version will fix it though. Sorry for the mixup.

rwier

Premium Subscriber
lurker says "Wow! Customer Service (on a FREE program) is re-defined", thanks cpuerror.

Status
Not open for further replies.