freescan problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkwolf

Premium Subscriber
when i program my bcd396xt why is it i get other agencys that i did not program into the radio what am i doing wrong :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

kma371

QRT
when i program my bcd396xt why is it i get other agencys that i did not program into the radio what am i doing wrong :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Do you still have the default systems that came with the radio in addition to your own?

gregjolly

Feed Provider
If your programming in a trunked radio system, the default setting for Freescan is ID search, which would allow for all talk groups assigned to that site/system to be heard. If this is the case, set the system to ID scan before you upload your file. That will allow you to hear only the talkgroups that you programmed.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There are a number of default states and agencies that come pre-programmed in the radio, as was mentioned in another thread. You can download everything, then in FS, when you are ready to upload your own programming, there's an option to Erase everything before proceeding. This insures that you are starting from a 'clean slate' and preserves some memory - after all there are states on those defaults that you will never hear from Oklahoma :.>>

Oh and by the way - the link for the user guide that was given earlier is also available to you (as long as you're online) by selecting Help/Online Help from the toolbar

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.