Freescan problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

In trying to load Freescan, keep getting the message "msi file must be loaded" Tried several times with Freescan 2.17, and keep getting the same message. What msi file is missing? Windows 7 is the system being used.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
In trying to load Freescan, keep getting the message "msi file must be loaded" Tried several times with Freescan 2.17, and keep getting the same message. What msi file is missing? Windows 7 is the system being used.
You are downloading the fssetup-217.zip file, then running the fssetup-217.exe file contained in that? I'm also using Windows 7.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
sure I am, got the file from the Frescan site, just trying to figure out what MSI file windows or Freescan is asking about.
The MSI is the 'install instructions', basically what installs where. For version 2.17, there is no separate msi file in the download file (it should be imbedded in the exe file). I'm thinking maybe you got a defective or incomplete download file for some reason. I'm assuming you have -.net 4.0 installed, but don't think that would generate the 'msi' error..

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
I just downloaded Freescan today and had no trouble running the .exe file and installing the software. I hadn't used this program for a few years. I have been using bc Tools +. I like some of the features of Freescan better, but I have one issue. It does not read my tone-out information on my 396T. Bc Tools+ does not have this problem. Anyone else had this happen?

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
No, I deleted the old version and downloaded the most recent version. It reads the frequency and the alert tone information but ignores the actual paging tones.

Status
Not open for further replies.