Freescan programming shows name sometimes and tgid others, why??

Status
Not open for further replies.

hoosiers70

I have a bcd996t and i use freescan as the programming software. You can only program 20 groups per system and i have it so i have more than 20 groups. I created another system of the same type, i just added a # 1 and # 2 to differentiate them. When i had them under one system i had no trouble seeing what name i had typed in for the tgid, now that i have 2 of the same system in it will show me the name on some and the tgid on the others. Example "sheriff dispatch" will come up for one county and the "tgid #" will show another county sheriff, why?? I have downloaded them a couple times and in different ways, ex. All my programming at once and then individual systems, still the same result. Any ideas?? Also the system I am programming is the Hoosiers SAFE-T Mot type II

Thank you

Dwayne

Last edited:

marksmith

That would be my guess too. One of the two systems is set to search instead of scan, so it receives any active talkgroup (even those you have programmed with descriptions in the other system)

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

hoosiers70

I do have it set for search but it is giving me TGID'S that i have names for in the scanner. I don't have duplicate counties in the two systems, that is why i set up two so i could get all counties in their own group, since it only allows 20 per system.

Last edited:

WB9EMT

That TG is probably being transmitted on more than one site. If you like, send me your freescan codeplug and I will look it over for you.

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

hoosiers70

when i had these together in one system i didn't have a problem with this. i did this so i could put each county in its separate group.. I use virtual control on my computer so i can see a log of what towers i am getting for programming purposes. Sorry i'm not sure what you're talking about on the freescan code plug.

Last edited:

WB9EMT

It happens. Im able to listen to Starke County dispatch on both sites in LaPorte County.

hoosiers70

i understand that i can do the same off of several sites around me. it's just that sometimes it shows up as the name i have put in the freescan and other times it is the tgid, each system is set up with the same sites just not the same counties. i hope im explaining this so you can understand

Last edited:

WB9EMT

Put all of them as ID scan instead of search and that will correct it. It's showing the TGID because it is not stored in that system. ID scan will only do the TGs that you have programmed into that system.

Status
Not open for further replies.