Freescan Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
This post could also be posted in the Uniden Forum but here goes.

Yesterday, while programming my Freescan Master file for my BC396XT, I added a Georgia State agency (conventional) and assigned it Quick Key#25. However, today, while traveling, I activated QK #25 - but nothing happened. I checked the agencies programmed in the scanner and sure enough, the agency WAS there, WAS properly assigned QK #25 and the agency nor none of its groups or channels were locked out. I even tried reassigning the Quick Key but the result was the same. Nothing I tried would activate that System and cause it to be actively scanned. All of my memory % are under 20%!

Anyone ever face this or have a thought on what the problem might be?
Thanks, in advance, for any suggestions.

Metrofire31
Western NC
WQIT636

rbm

You mention that the groups weren't locked out.

But ............ were they all disabled. (unchecked)

I could take a look at it for you if you'd like.

Rich

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Rich - I wasn't aware of doing that. Is that done on each "Group" page in the software? I've never done that and have never had this problem.

Metrofire31

rbm

Here's an example of one of my systems.

In the screen capture below I've circled the Quick Key Enable/Disable boxes.

As you can see, the System Quick Key is 21 for that system.

In the example, all Groups are 'enabled' for scanning.

You can also see that the groups I have locked out in that system are highlighted in red.

Some groups are not locked out.

If your system isn't locked out, or all the groups locked out, or all the Group Quick Keys are disabled, it should scan OK.

One other thing to keep in mind is that the system file in FreeSCAN could have become corrupted. I found that to happen if you try to save the file and then quit FreeSCAN before the save completed. (That may have been fixed by now.)

Rich

Edit:
In every one of my system files, I have a JUNK group that is assigned NO quick key and cannot be disabled.
It's a 'nothing frequency' that should never be active.
That prevents the dreaded 'Nothing To Scan' problem if you inadvertently disable all of you Group Quick Keys.

Last edited:

Metrofire31

Premium Subscriber
Thanks so much, Rich. That was exactly my problem. I have never really paid attention to that section of the software before and somehow, it has never caused me a problem until now. In this case, none of the groups were enabled. I've now corrected it and all is right with the world. Thank you, again!! I never ceased to be amazed at the power of these forums when we have a problem - somebody, somewhere likely has the answer. Hope you have a Happy Fathers Day weekend!

Mike
Metrofire31
WQIT636

rbm

I'm glad you made out OK Mike.

It seems like no matter what kind of problem pops up, someone, somewhere has seen it before. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.