Freescan: Freescan Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

motorman105

Premium Subscriber
I program both of my BCD325P2s with Freescan on windows 10. It works like a dream!
A friend who has a 396XT asked me to reprogram her Scanner. She only knows how to turn it on and off and I'm the "go to" guy for this ( she is 80 yrs old). I'm sure most of you have similar scenarios.
I'd love to open Freescan, connect her 396XT to my computer ( when she finally gets me the cable) and just download her Scanner with some of my current programming for my BCD325P2.
Any opinions on if this will work?
Normally I'd just try it but like I said, my friend gave me a bag with "everything" in it....but no cable so...it will be a few days before I can try this.
Thanks!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Very likely; the memory limits and general specs for the 2 radios are, I think, identical. Your only issue is going to be one of what she can hear from where she is, with what antenna she's using. You might well hear something she won't because of the difference in location and antenna. But programming wise, this ought to be easy

Mike

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
All but the DMR ProVoice and phase II capabilities will transfer

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Awesome I run an BCD396XT and an BCD436HP so I have the best of both worlds. I use FreeSCAN ProScan and other software.

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

N5XTC

Premium Subscriber
I have TWO 396xt's and a 436. lol. double best of both worlds. the 396xt was my favorite handheld until I bought the 436hp. Love the 436!

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
It would seem that Freescan can not upload DMR Systems
is this true, as it looks like Proscan can however I do not want to pay 50 for a license

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Yes sadly FreeScan won't handle DMR or ProVoice programming. Time to bite the bullet...Mike

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
on the six website it states "Not Yet" so i am wondering if it will be in the next version once more DMR Systems get mapped in RR

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm afraid that may not happen in the near term. The developer has pretty much put this on the back burner. Even his own forums are shut down. Like I said, time to bite the bullet if you want DMR programming for that radio

Mike

ff2sherman

Premium Subscriber
Agree but unless I need or when they have more DMR Systems in the area I shall wait, I do think I will need to get Proscan sooner rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.