Freescan support for BC346XTC

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhaasjr

What is the chance of Freescan receiving an update to include the newer Bearcat 346XTC? The software currently won't recognize the newer version even though it is the same as the 346XT without any battery charge settings.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
This was asked some time ago, and I think Assaf said he'd get it in the next release (whenever that's going to be...)

Mike

rhaasjr

Thanks but I was looking for a possible time frame when the update might be released. Quite frankly it's costing me sales of the 346XTC, because there is no programming software supoorting it. The majority of my customers won't purchase a scanner without it being programmed for them before they leave the shop.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Then I would go to the FreeScan forums (same site as where you get the software) and ask, if Assaf doesn't answer here first....Mike

cpuerror

I haven't forgotten about it, its just that I'm trying to do a lot of other updates as well. I'm can't make any promises when but I know a lot of people have been asking about the XTC so I will find time some time this week.

Blackink

I haven't forgotten about it, its just that I'm trying to do a lot of other updates as well. I'm can't make any promises when but I know a lot of people have been asking about the XTC so I will find time some time this week.

You are one man doing the work of ten Assaf........

Thank You :)

garyf629

Premium Subscriber
Add me to the list. I have a lot of customers for this Christmas season looking for the BC346XTC.

I do love using Freescan on the '96 scanners!

AmbyN

Freescan and the BC346XTC

Should Freescan interface with my new BC346XTC?

When I test the interface I am getting an error message that includes the following "Response Received: BC346XTC".

This seems to imply that the PC and scanner are talking but the software does not know what to do with the 346XTC.

Any Comments??

Amby N

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Should Freescan interface with my new BC346XTC?

When I test the interface I am getting an error message that includes the following "Response Received: BC346XTC".

This seems to imply that the PC and scanner are talking but the software does not know what to do with the 346XTC.

Any Comments??

Amby N

I think the author said he's working on it. All PC programmable Uniden scanners since the BC780 will respond to a computer command of "SI" with their name and firmware version. Freescan is likely calling this function and then using the name of the scanner to know which features to activate or not activate. Since "BC346XTC" is not in the list, it doesn't know what to do, so it gives up and thinks it's an unsupported scanner. All the author needs to do is add a little bit of code so it will recognize the 346XTC as a 346XT and all should be good.

Leave it to Taxifornicatia to screw up an otherwise perfectly good scanner in the name of the environment! Stupid tree huggers... It's things like this that made me move away from the Molden State in the first place.

-AZ

AmbyN

Thanks, AZ

I do get some communications between Freescan and the 346xtc. But as you noted Freescan will not do anymore than recognize that it is there.

There is one Freescan function that I tried that did not work but did get the 346 to beep twice.

So I know that my old Cables2Go rs-232 to USB convertor is doing the job.

Amby N.

Status
Not open for further replies.