Freescan Tutorial / Manual?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHarbinger

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a BCD325P2 scanner and have downloaded Freescan. I understand the program can be used with a file from here to program the scanner for my area. However, I couldn't find any sort of manual on that program's web site. I've looked through the menu options and, though I could stab in the dark and attempt to program my scanner, I'd much rather program with a degree of confidence that I'm doing it right.

Is there a downloadable Freescan manual or tutorial?

Many thanks!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a BCD325P2 scanner and have downloaded Freescan. I understand the program can be used with a file from here to program the scanner for my area. However, I couldn't find any sort of manual on that program's web site. I've looked through the menu options and, though I could stab in the dark and attempt to program my scanner, I'd much rather program with a degree of confidence that I'm doing it right.

Is there a downloadable Freescan manual or tutorial?

Many thanks!
See if this is what you are looking for:
FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

I've used FreeSCAN for a number of years, for various Uniden scanners. Note that while FreeSCAN, including using the import feature, works for your 325P2, the program was never updated to handle DMR systems (if you purchased that upgrade). If you will be programming DMR, then you'd need to look at either ProScan, or ARC-XT. Neither of those are free, though they do have a demo (free trial) period.

TheHarbinger

Premium Subscriber
See if this is what you are looking for:
FreeScan User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

I've used FreeSCAN for a number of years, for various Uniden scanners. Note that while FreeSCAN, including using the import feature, works for your 325P2, the program was never updated to handle DMR systems (if you purchased that upgrade). If you will be programming DMR, then you'd need to look at either ProScan, or ARC-XT. Neither of those are free, though they do have a demo (free trial) period.

Thanks, Steve. I don't believe there are any DMR systems in the Dayton, Ohio (Montgomery/Greene counties) that I'd be programming so FreeScan should be good enough for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.