Freescan update

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Hello all ~ I was doing some re-programming on my 396xt and wondered what the consensus was on the 2.16 version update.

I haven't updated it yet so checking to see if anyone is having any issues.

I haven't seen any recent posts/problems so I'm guessing it's good to go. ;)

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Roger that

Thanks Bob.

I'm just wondering if I should update and reload everything to my scanner now while it's hooked up or if that doesn't really affect anything performance-wise, if you will.

rbm

It came out back around March of this year.

A FreeSCAN version 2.17 a thread is here.

http://forums.radioreference.com/sc...re/288020-freescan-2-17-out-freescan-ios.html

Whats New
-----------------------
-New: Added network streaming for compatibility with iOS
-Fixed: Slight inaccuracy in GPS range setting with conventional groups on upload to XT scanners
-Fixed: GPS Editing not showing circle radius
-Fixed: GPS System plotter is working again

This new version supports linking with FreeSCAN for iOS, which allows you to control your scanner with your iPhone. You can access this by opening up Virtual Control, and selecting the Remote Control menu than Setup. Configure the operating parameters and click Start Server. Note that FS must be run as an administrator to open the port. As well, you will need to configure your computer's firewall to allow incoming connections to FreeSCAN on the port you select (default is port 1300).

AuntEnvy

Premium Subscriber
Hmmm...

I've tried updating and it won't proceed after the wizard box comes up, keeps saying there is an error...

coolbass

Premium Subscriber
FreeScan ver 2.17

I've tried updating and it won't proceed after the wizard box comes up, keeps saying there is an error...

I found that I had to create a new folder. Wouldn't allow me to copy over my original FreeScan folder. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.