FreeScan vs. BCTool for Uniden BCT15x

Status
Not open for further replies.

marc-robert

I had been using a 11 year old ICOM R-1 with DOS assisted Programming since it came out , and just got a Uniden BCT15x and am faced with what appears to be a very steep learning curve on trunking and setting it up for listening to Police, Military Air, etc. here in San Diego. I was just clued into two different programming softwares: FreeScan &. BCTool.....

If anyone has had experience with both, I would appreciate your thoughts on what which one might make my job programming it a more "pleasent" experience as I have read horror stories from those who wonder what drugs the designers were using when they built the interface ...

Thanks in advance!

Marc

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
I have used both but I prefer the freescan. BCTool does not save the TGIDs in order. I put them in a certain order so when I need to select a certain TG I press hold, which locks on the control channel, then scroll up to the TG I need.
I do like the virtual control on the BCtool better and it works all the time where on the Freescan you have to end virtual control to communicate with the scanner. They are both free so you can try both and see which you like best.

I also strongly suggest a Premium Membership to aid in downloading systems right from RR. Enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.