freescan vs. butel

Status
Not open for further replies.

detsgtnypd544

Premium Subscriber
ok just purchased bc 346 xt its on its way... now, can anybody tell me which software they would use?

looks like freescan is pretty easy to use. im not sure if it pays to purchase arc...any thoughts?/

thanks again! ED

lep

ARC-XT pro

I use the Butel program ARC- XT pro, it works on all XT models and filles my needs. I also use ProScan v 5.0 to log at the same time using different USB ports, no reason the scanner will not support more than one program at a time. Intellectual property is never 'free' my personal preference is to pay the author(s) of my software but that's just the way I feel about it, as they say, your mileage may vary.

captclint

Mentor
ok just purchased bc 346 xt its on its way... now, can anybody tell me which software they would use?
I have tried both. I find the excel like tables in XTPro to be easier to edit, copy/paste into and out of excel, add series, etc. I also like the very small but fully functional virtual control screen. This is more important if you plan to monitor your scanner while working on the PC. You really should try both and see what matters to you. Both have functional demos.

Last edited:

Ed_Seedhouse

Premium Subscriber
I found Freescan works great, and since it is free, once I had it working I felt no need to look further. However to get best use of it you should really get a full membership in RR, but I believe that would be the same for software purchased as well. There may well be better programs for the 346 out there, but Freescan is good enough and no one can beat the price!

Status
Not open for further replies.