FreeScan wont connect

Status
Not open for further replies.

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,
I just got a Uniden BCD996T that wont read in FreeScan. I get "FreeScan could not establish communications with scanner" error when I am in the "Com Port Settings". I have done both auto and have manually got threw and selected each port & port number. I first tried using my db9 cable with prolific driver version 3.8.12.0 (PL-2303 XA/HXA Chip), then tried the USB-1 cable also with the prolific driver version 3.8.12.0 (PL HXD Chip). I still can not get this to read/write.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Prolific chips are nothing but trouble. It's a total crapshoot if you will ever get them to work. FTDI chips are pretty much plug and play.

RBMTS

John - you set the comm port and speed in the "menu" settings of the 996T correct?

Menu -> Settings -> Set Serial Port

Phelanhome

Feed Provider
freescan

I have 5 Uniden Scanner including 996P2. I have had trouble getting them to connect to my PC. What I did was go to the Uniden site and look for Drivers for 996P2. I think all Uniden scanners use the same drivers.Follow the directions and afterwards you should have no problems

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Drivers for the BCD996P2 won't do anything useful for the RS232-USB adapters he is using to connect to his BCD996T.

When you plug the adapter into the PC, does the PC assign a COM port to it?

KG5HHS

Premium Subscriber
Wierd, I got it work. on the scanner I went to Menu>Settings>Set Serial Port>Set baud rate>set front port. It was set to off, but I changed it to 11520bps. It connected just fine and I wrote to the scanner with only 3 error's.
1. Error Setting AGC
2. Error Setting P25 wait time
3. No APCO band plan available for GFAFB Site
what does any of that mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.