Freescan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jack4465

Premium Subscriber
I have free scan installed on my computer and up to about 1 week ago was working fine. I am now unable to import any files from RR into this program and get a check subscription and connection problem error message when trying to connect. I have files that I want to keep and do have a current subscription. I am thinking that I may have a corrupted program and do not want to lose my saved files and may have to re-install this program. I have changed my password and double checked my current status with RR. I also have been unable to download the update for this. I have had no problem downloading any files from any other site except RR. I did run a malware scan and found malware called rouge accent and removed it. I can connect to the scanner but not download any files into it. (996xt)

trap5858

Premium Subscriber
Your files will be safe as they are not stored within the program. I suggest going into add/delete programs and totally removing freescan then go to the website and download the latest version. If that does not work then contact the administrator for freescan. It may be necessary to set up your com port again.

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
had trouble upgrading to J, the other versions went smoothly overwriten automatically now uninstall 9i and all older verions to get 9J to run but....
now all i can upload is half of my file after making corrections to various trs/conv systems!?
returns with an error msg that i do not have enough memory - under settings i had 15% under 9i now it only loads 10% or less 9j

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
sounds like you're adding instead of replacing....that's an option in the upload to scanner screen 73 Mike

cpuerror

Exactly what error msgs are you getting? Might be trying to upload more channels to a system then what it can handle. Also what kind of a scanner are you using?

gcr33

I also had similar problems to scanxo. I had to uninstall ver i to be able to allow ver J to install. That is a minor issue.
When I was loading my file with some very minor changes I also received a message saying that I had run out of resources on my scanner. I was loading doing an erase so it is not a matter of adding too much. My statistics are well within spec. I did a total reset of my 396xt and then was able to load the same exact file that would not load before saying I had no more resources.

Still love FREESCAN. Just replying because apparently at least 2 of us had similar issues.

jvdet

me too
had similar problems loading a file in my 396xt when i went from 9i to 9J I only had 75 systems, said not enough resourses, I had too move /delete any previous freescan programs off my drives (internal and an external) 2 times then reloaded 9J still would not load all the systems so I re-booted the radio clean out the memory - reloaded my file
nows its fine.
How many times can you write to the memory?

cpuerror

You have to check to make sure you don't exceed the scanner's limits. If you upload a system with more channels then what the scanner can handle,then you will usually get some terse message to the effect of out of resources. Just as well, if the total combined channels in all the systems exceed the maximum, you get an error msg for that as well. You have to be careful sometimes that you don't load more onto the scanner then it can handle. I think sometimes people forget what they have on their scanner and load too much on it, hence doing a full clear afterwards lets them do the same load without any errors.

Should be able to write to it a virtually unlimited number of times.

gcr33

I do have quite a big file. (Hoping for more quick key availability). I have only had this happen one time before under another version and I loaded something like the factory file and then loaded my file.

The statistics folder under file says that I am well within the capability of freescan. I generally do an erase when I load a new file just to make sure there is no junk there.

I have a lot of the State of Florida loaded into my radio and it makes it a breeze when traveling.

I have an old file on the Yahoo groups thread and maybe somewhere else also, possibly on the scannow.org site.

Again thanks for the work and the constant in touch with the users.

You have to check to make sure you don't exceed the scanner's limits. If you upload a system with more channels then what the scanner can handle,then you will usually get some terse message to the effect of out of resources. Just as well, if the total combined channels in all the systems exceed the maximum, you get an error msg for that as well. You have to be careful sometimes that you don't load more onto the scanner then it can handle. I think sometimes people forget what they have on their scanner and load too much on it, hence doing a full clear afterwards lets them do the same load without any errors.

Should be able to write to it a virtually unlimited number of times.

ScanXO

formally East Jersey part time south of the Border
thanks anyway
no i never use ADD I always delete before uploading, this recent error only occured after i adjusted some freg's and or talk groups under i going to J
I ve never exceeded the number of - systems , channels , sites,i am no where near the limitations allowed
after clearing out all older freescan programs and rebooting/clearing radio memory did it work [as suggested ]
seems fine
keep improving the software

cpuerror

thanks anyway
no i never use ADD I always delete before uploading, this recent error only occured after i adjusted some freg's and or talk groups under i going to J
I ve never exceeded the number of - systems , channels , sites,i am no where near the limitations allowed
after clearing out all older freescan programs and rebooting/clearing radio memory did it work [as suggested ]
seems fine
keep improving the software

Might be a communications problems with the scanner as well. If you click on the errors link after you get that error message, it will say "communications timeout" or something to that effect in the log. In this case, if you're using a USB-serial converter, try to eliminate hubs, extension cables, or update drivers and see if things get better.

gcr33

Thanks for the reply but I don't believe it's that kind of problem. It works 99% or better, it's just an every once in awhile thing. It's a great program.

Status
Not open for further replies.