freescan

Status
Not open for further replies.

arvellabill

I'll bet there is a lot of post that explain this but I can't find them. I have a Uniden 996T. I have learned how to program it with the instruction book { it leaves a lot to be desired ] and I can to it using the softwear that came with it however it is a long and tedious job. I have down loaded freescan and the adobe thing and have installed them on my conputer however i can;t seem to find any instruction on how to use it, I would suppose it's a cut and paste thing but I can't find anything about how to do it. My primary interests are MPDC Fairfax Co PD and Prince William Co PD I received a letter from uniden that suggested that I needed to change my computer to a type 1 Scanner, I was told to go to the Uniden web site to learn how to do this but I can find no information about this there I have requested help three times still no answer. I figuar maby they are teaching their enginners how to do this before they give me any information. I live in Manassas Virginia if anyone can help me it will be worth a cup of the best coffee in Virginia. Bill

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
You may be better off looking under the Software forum. I use the software regularly and it works very well and I feel it is pretty straight forward. If this is your first experience with a 996T, it may be a little difficult since its a lot different than older scanners with banks and channels. You should be able to use the File, Import, RR options to get the desired systems into Freescan.

I haven't looked at the manual for Freescan, but I'm sure others that have the same issues so you might appreciate it if you were to maybe re-write it to fill in where you think its lacking.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Bill did you go to the Uniden DMA FAQ that's found in the wiki? At the bottom of that FAQ are the links to the Easier to Read manuals - there's one for the 996. Reading the sections in the FAQ that have to do with DMA, and how sites, groups and systems work, along with quick keys, and downloading the Easier to Read manual, will get you going in the right direction.

Once you understand the basics of how DMA works, using software such as FreeScan becomes a whole lot easier. FreeScan can also pull data from the database, although I'm not sure whether you have to reset steps like you do with the PRO-96 (other Va. 996 owners can jump in here). Anyway, our wiki also hosts the FreeScan user manual here . Alternately if you are online while you bring up FreeScan, select 'Help' then 'Online Help' from the menu

The FAQ is accessible from the Wiki pulldown under the Scanner Master ad in the blue toolbar. Float your mouse over this (or click on it) then click on FAQs in the pulldown. Click on the Uniden DMA FAQ link from the list.

73 Mike

arvellabill

Thank you gentleman I will dealve back iinto it. If I don't return answers timely it is because of my disability which limits my sitting standing and all other indevers, Again thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.