Freescan

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmett518

Premium Subscriber
Using Freescan to program a 996 XT, When I try to assign an SQK to either systems or sites, the quick key field shows "by site", and won't hold the number that I apply. I can do this to groups just fine, but not the other two. I want to be able to turn sites on and off from the scanner, and I think SQKs are the way to do this.

Why is this happening?

Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I'm at work, but if memory serves, use the pull down to get to the number you want, then click on it

Mike

emmett518

Premium Subscriber
I did, but when I save it, it keeps showing up as By Site, and no number on the site listing in the left window.

emmett518

Premium Subscriber
It works with Non EDACS sites and conventional systems. Doesn't seem to work with Edacs.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
I think if I understand your question, the answer is that you can't assign a quick key to a trunk system, you have to assign it to the sites.

emmett518

Premium Subscriber
Is there a way then to easily toggle an entire trunking system on and off?

For example, I have my local city EDACS trunk as a system. A second one is a Motorola System for the state police. A third is the airport AM frequencies. A fourth is a batch of ham radio repeaters.

I'd like to be able to lock out each of these systems so I don''t have to listen to them all the time.

How would I do this?

cpuerror

Before I used to get get tons of emails from people wanting to assign QKs to trunks systems and just got tired of telling them its not possible.So FS does support doing this. It simply assigns the same key to all the sites at once so its functionally equivalent.

emmett518

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. Quite a huge change even from a normal trunking scanner. Thanks so much for the help. I think hacking around with this thing for a few weeks will yield significant benefits.

Status
Not open for further replies.