FreeScanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lew

Can I use FreeScan with my PSR 800? The 800 is not listed in the supported scanners but it appears some RR folks are using it. It there a cheat sheet about using it bsides the WiKi article in RR?

Thanks,

Lew in SC

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
No, the memory schemes are completely different. The big 3 - ARC500, Win500 and PSREdit500 - are the ones you need to focus on. They are linked here...

Object Oriented Scanner Software - The RadioReference Wiki

No doubt other folks that own both Uniden DMA scanners and the PSR-800 (which is only supported by the EZ Scan software) are the ones using FreeScan, which is set up just for the DMA driven Unidens...best regards..Mike

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I would love to see some third party software for the 800, EZScan software is missing some of the more useful features such as virtual control, any kind of trunk tracking or discovery modes that utilize its unique IF output through the headphone and other options I'm sure people could think of but its a little late for me I just got off work. Also the E-Z Scan software is not the easiest when it comes to organizing or changing object positions or copying and pasting any info from the net or even through radio reference so if a change is made you don't have to wait for the next library release. I would love to see a program similar to ARC-500 for the PSR-800. They made it for the Home Patrol and thats basically the same story different radio they both have the built in data base and came with there own software package, there are options that are not available in the E-Z Scan software that aren't available just like there where options in the sentinel software that weren't available until ARC Patrol so I am Hoping to one day see ARC-800 I'd buy it just for logging and virtual control features.

Just my thoughts on the subject,
Bob

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the response Gommert, I knew there had to be a reason Butel wasn't already all over this. I will be sending a response to to GRE America next. Hypothetically could you make a version for the the Pro-107 and Pro 18 (when it is released) that would be backward compatible with the 700&800 series GRE radios or are your hands tied with the same problems of Radio Shack/GRE not allowing third party software for any of the newer products?

Thanks,
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.