Freestone SO P25

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Heard units calling Freestone in P25 on SO 2 (155.595) possibly with NAC 293, couldn't confirm. All units are IDing as RID 1. SO 1 (155.19) and county fire (154.415) are still operating in analog with their listed DPLs.

west-pac

Another channel is "patched" to SO2. Everyone's audio is running thru the radio that is doing the patching (RID 1), that's why everyone has the same RID. They could've patched SO1 to SO2, with SO2 being P25, or they could be patching a trunked radio system to SO2, or any other channel for that matter. Listen to the radio traffic and see if you can find the same radio traffic on a known analog channel, or on another local radio system.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Odd county, they updated their licenses mostly to DMR some years back. Not sure if they ever used DMR because I am almost never in that area

west-pac

Odd county, they updated their licenses mostly to DMR some years back. Not sure if they ever used DMR because I am almost never in that area

I noticed that with a lot of FCC renewals in Indiana about 3-5 years ago....everyone was adding NXDN and DMR to their renewals. Some of those have since dropped the extra modes from their license.

motorola_otaku

Premium Subscriber
Another channel is "patched" to SO2. Everyone's audio is running thru the radio that is doing the patching (RID 1), that's why everyone has the same RID. They could've patched SO1 to SO2, with SO2 being P25, or they could be patching a trunked radio system to SO2, or any other channel for that matter. Listen to the radio traffic and see if you can find the same radio traffic on a known analog channel, or on another local radio system.
It is definitely not patched to SO 1. I did notice the odd audio quality and suspected it might be patched to a NXDN or TRBO system. SO 1 was mostly quiet while the bulk of the traffic was on SO 2.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Freestone switched to DMR by mistake. They asked their provider for digital and they got digital, just the wrong digital. They have had access to to digital (P25) out of their neighboring counties for some time. They, like many other in-between counties didn't run out and jump on P25 until they really needed it. They tend to follow Navarro and Limestone counties radio trends so keep an eye on those other two I bet they I-45 push to P25 is finally happening.