Fremont County

Status
Not open for further replies.

jambo

I need your expertise on some frequencies. What I'm needing are the freqs for Fremont County. I already have the talk groups, but I'm not sure what the frequencies are for that area as there are tons to choose from.

As always your help is greatly appreciated.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
jambo said:
I need your expertise on some frequencies. What I'm needing are the freqs for Fremont County. I already have the talk groups, but I'm not sure what the frequencies are for that area as there are tons to choose from.

As always your help is greatly appreciated.

Have you tried these control channels?

866.7625 Twin Mtn
868.9625 Canon City CDOC

Jim<

jambo

Not yet I haven't, but I will sure put them in my radio. Thanks for responding so soon.
The way I have been programming my scanner is by searching for the digital control channels and then programing them in. Its alot of work but its been doing alright so far. The only draw back is when I go to a different area. I have to do it all over again...lol
Its much easier when you can find the area in that list and just program that areas control channels and talk groups without having to search like I have been doing. Before they renovated the site here they had Canon City listed on that HUGE list of frequencies, but for some reason its gone now and I never wrote them down (like a dumby). Anyways thanks again for the quick response.

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
I've wondered just why the CC listing hasn't been divided up by at least `districts' instead of being one big huge almost mind numbing listing like it is? While it *may* be easy for those who already have a pretty decent idea of just where a lot of the places are because of having lived here and having dealt with various old sites it really *isn't* all that easy for those who haven't. On top of that there are a lot of site names that are basically only `local' names rather than `map' names. In Jambo's case he could have gotten off on an easier start by being able to at least look at a CSP `district' map and been a lot closer to zeroing in on the CCs in that district, or districts, and then maybe getting a bit more `topical' map to do the final choosing.

Oh, well... I suspect that because we are all `learning' there will eventually be changes made and questions like this will be relegated to only those who, `normally?', wouldn't bother to take advantage of even having it `handed to them on a platter' like such a setup like `district', or even `county' CC listings would provide and would *still* ask. ('Course I *also* somewhat expect that there are *some* here who would rather have it such that there would only be a CC listing that had *only* the freqs and nothing about their location. After all... Why make it easier for `newbies' when they had to `chase down' everything themselves? That way only those who are `serious' about this will be the ones who can listen. Gotta keep the `riffraff' out ya know.)

Just an `Olde Fart's' 2¢ worth. {WAN GRIN!}

Status
Not open for further replies.