Fremont PD/FD to Tweet 911 Calls in Test

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Spend 15 hours with Fremont’s Finest...

On Friday, September 23, 2011, the Fremont Police and Fire Department will feature a Public Safety Social Media Live Broadcast utilizing the @FremontPD Twitter account. The Fremont Police Department launched the Twitter account earlier in the year in the continued effort to expand and diversify our outreach efforts. The event Friday is intended to educate and spread awareness to our citizens on the daily efforts of the two public safety departments.

Beginning at 11:00 AM on Friday, September 23, 2011 through 2:00 AM Saturday, September 24, 2011, members of the two Departments will raise awareness by tweeting all public safety calls for service that come into the 9-1-1 center. The hours chosen, correlate with the peak service times. Members of the community are encouraged to follow @FremontPD. We encourage engagement and dialogue from the community during the event. City of Fremont employees will be on hand to respond to comments and questions during the 15 hour event.

During the 15 hour event, you can expect to receive in the range of 200-250 tweets. This is the average number of incidents generated in Fremont on any given day. Tweets will provide real time information including general call type and call dispositions. Fremont Police and Fire Staff will manage the event and be available to answer community questions on-line. The event will be staffed by Chief Craig Steckler, Captain Frank Grgurina, Captain Richard Lucero, Press Information Officer Detective Bill Veteran, Fire Operations Staff Captain Gerry Fogel, Lieutenant John Liu and Community Engagement Manager Geneva Bosques.

Please join us at @FremontPD by going to Fremont Police Dept (@FremontPD) on Twitter. For additional information contact Det. Veteran at (510) 790-6972 or at wveteran@fremont.gov or Community Engagement Manager Geneva Bosques at (510) 790-6957 or at gbosques@fremont.gov.
For full details, view this message on the web.

SignalSeeker

Premium Subscriber
Interesting, I think I will follow and see what it is like. I am in Sacramento so I will have very little concept about geography, but should be neat none the less.

Justin

kma371

QRT
If they were smart, they would stream radio traffic for this event too

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

mibzzer15

Damn Oakland_Tower...beat me to it LOL! Just got home and was going to post this but you beat me to it haha!

But hey, ill have my ipad with twitter open and my 996xt sitting next to me all night friday &saturday morning. Should be fun. Right now Fremont PD twitter is at 184 followers, i wonder how many people will follow it before Friday.

mibzzer15

Hmmm...now that I think about it kma371....maybe i should help them, or maybe I should supply a radio feed for them....at least maybe setup a temporary feed on RR.

kma371

QRT
They might not be too keen on that. I'm sure they would rather do it themselves in case you start streaming something the don't want you to.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.