French Creek State Park wildfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Anyone monitoring radio traffic on the French Creek fire in Chester/Berks Counties?

I've been listening to traffic here and there this evening on the Chesco trunked system (Central Fire, CFG 1, CFG 2) and on the TVFD VHF repeater (155.400). Just curious if anyone closer is picking up simplex comms on anything. Any local EMA traffic related to the evacuations?

I keep getting interference from Camden County, NJ on the TVFD repeater.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
151.460 is being used for fire line work. Being referred to either as Tac 1 or Tac 1 repeater. I was told some temp repeaters have been set up, so this makes sense. No idea of input being used, though.
I'm seeing no PL and a 156.7 PL, so probably working CSQ.

151.385/103.5 pl is being used direct for infrequent (today anyway) command comms and to talk to the FD 17 office.

Chatter on the 151.450 freq is making regular reference to the 800 system. I was told the IMT is using the state 800. Not sure who else is on it.

Warden1716a

Premium Subscriber
Yes we had a nightmare for communications at this incident berks was on vhf and lowband, forestry on vhf, chester on 800 and with the terrain no one could get out to each other very well

comm unit from chester des was there helped some but still problems talking to each other. finaly the DCNR IMT team got a portable repeater system in place that works I think..

Pa Wardens Association - Home I got over 200 pics up from the fire in the photo album take a look

Fire is up to around 619 acres

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Yes we had a nightmare for communications at this incident berks was on vhf and lowband, forestry on vhf, chester on 800 and with the terrain no one could get out to each other very well

comm unit from chester des was there helped some but still problems talking to each other. finaly the DCNR IMT team got a portable repeater system in place that works I think..

Pa Wardens Association - Home I got over 200 pics up from the fire in the photo album take a look

Fire is up to around 619 acres

How's this acreage rank for District 17? Is there anywhere that tracks wildfire activity statewide? I know it's been a very active spring, but I was curious if there are acreage totals anywhere online.

Warden1716a

Premium Subscriber
I dont get the stats till the end of the year tally is done state wide, would be nice if they did it monthly. not sure if they have info on intraforestry or not dont have access to that since i am not a bureau employee

Status
Not open for further replies.