Freq: 796.475

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjwhite29

Premium Subscriber
Was in Tune mode and pick up a lot of talk on this channel 796.475 did not know anyone around here useing that. They were saying things like Riverton 40 and 41 and also called out medical asking Ladder 41 to respond on channel 2.

enosjones

Premium Subscriber
Was in Tune mode and pick up a lot of talk on this channel 796.475 did not know anyone around here useing that. They were saying things like Riverton 40 and 41 and also called out medical asking Ladder 41 to respond on channel 2.

Might be input frequencies for the Ucan voice Channels.

bneilson

Premium Subscriber
I have also copied this type of traffic. I also found a CC in the uper 700 range but could never lock on to it to get the ID. The radio traffic that I was able to copy was for-sure part of UCAN.

I am thinking this is some type of harmonic or something. I dont think they are using any 700MHz stuff yet.

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
I've been searching the 750~800 mhz range off and on over the past month, and haven't heard anything like what your describing. Did you check the FCC for any records?

Observer1

Riverton 40 and 41 would be more in line with Sheriff's Dept call signs.

Unified Fire uses 3 digit designations for their trucks (E-110, M-110 etc). Off the top of my head, SSL, Sandy and WVC use 2 digit, SLC uses one or two digit, but never 3.

jjwhite29

Premium Subscriber
I was just on that channel picking up traffic every time Im there i pick up traffic. I know we do not have any Riverton talk groups in the database. So is this new or do they go under something else in the TG i have never heard them before.

qlajlu

Silent Key
I've been searching the 750~800 mhz range off and on over the past month, and haven't heard anything like what your describing. Did you check the FCC for any records?
I ran that frequency through the FCC search engine when this thread first appeared and it returned unable to locate. I ran it a couple of different ways but I could have easily muffed the search parameters. I also used RR's search engine and got the same results.

The only TGs I am aware of that concerns Riverton are the SLSO's Riverton cars, but they work of off the SLSO's Oquirrh TG (TG 256). I don't remember the call signs they use.

spooney

Is this on a PSR-500/600 ? If so, I discovered that my 500 will receive (mirror) images from the 800 band in the 796-799 mhz range.

jjwhite29

Premium Subscriber
Yes it is on the PSR 500 I would proably have to agree thats what is going on but is just seemed weird to me at the time caught me off guard.

theaton

Member N7VU
Database Admin
I programmed 796.475 into my 396 and haven't heard a peep, so the GRE explanation is probably correct. I'm in SLC now and climbed the Pfeifferhorn up LCWC today (with scanner of course).

-Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.