Freq 853.3625 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
In the Summit County 800 system thread in the stickys above, we were discussing this frequency as belonging to MARCS Shalersville site. I discovered I can hear it by putting all the Summit system's frequencies in a conventional system and scanning/logging and listening when able. We are certain it shouldn't be listed as a Summit frequency but it doesnt show up in the MARCS RRDB as a Shalersville freq. I am certain it's not a cc because the transmissions are more varied and intermittent. I hear no voice on it - just digital noise. Anyone know what this is???

kf8yk

The RR database appears to be out of date.

853.3625 was licensed to Summit County on WNNE207 on 12/2/2004 and it was removed from the same license on 8/1/2013. This frequency was formerly licensed to Nextel and most likely Nextel 'loaned' it to Summit during the rebanding process to keep the system capacity up until the permanent replacement frequencies were cleared of incumbents.

Currently in northeast Ohio 853.3625 is only licensed to the State of Ohio at the Trumbull Correctional Institution MARCS site on a STA license WQKJ264.

There may be additional frequencies in the RR database for Summit that are leftover from the rebanding process, someone in range of the system should run a clean copy of Unitrunker to clean up the RR information.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
The RR database appears to be out of date.

Currently in northeast Ohio 853.3625 is only licensed to the State of Ohio at the Trumbull Correctional Institution MARCS site on a STA license WQKJ264.

Thanks for the info.

I'm surprised I can hear it here in Twinsburg with a desktop antenna on the second floor.

MotorolaDave reports that freq according to the FCC is listed for Shalersville. Maybe he will pop up here and explain that.

kf8yk

MotorolaDave reports that freq according to the FCC is listed for Shalersville. Maybe he will pop up here.

If you use the RadioReference FCC Frequency Search it erroneously shows 853.3625 licensed at Shalersville, Trumbull and several other locations on the search results page.

Clicking on the callsign details on RR or looking at the license in the FCC ULS shows 853.3625 is only licensed at Trumbull.

MotorolaDave

Thanks for the info.

I'm surprised I can hear it here in Twinsburg with a desktop antenna on the second floor.

MotorolaDave reports that freq according to the FCC is listed for Shalersville. Maybe he will pop up here and explain that.

Pop Pop!

Thank you kf8yk for clearing up the Shalersville issue.

Ed...I think you have a very special desktop antenna! I need to get one of those so that I can hear the Summit 800 System from Medina.

SCPD

QRT
Ed...I think you have a very special desktop antenna! I need to get one of those so that I can hear the Summit 800 System from Medina....

Well I'm probably within 2 miles of the Twinsburg site.

I have a discone up in the attic but I get bad garble on the MARCS IP and GCRCN sites. Lower antenna is good. It's a moble cellular antenna from the old daze when I worked for a Cellular One dealer and had an actual moble cellular phone in my car. Bad for VHF though. :(

SCPD

QRT
I need to get one of those so that I can hear the Summit 800 System from Medina.

Looks like Medina city is right on the edge of the theortical coverage area. Don't know where you are located but a small yagi should get you one of the two west sites I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.