Freq? 856.1375 857.1375 858.1375 859.1375

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger2004

In the last few days i have noticed these freq's with an open carrier with a tone every 5-10 seconds. The sounds like a tone used when a channel/TG is "code 1", "code red" , "Emg traffic only", etc.

Anyone know what these are?

kd7rto

It sounds like system 0B22 is in failsoft mode. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1816

When you program a fleet of Motorolas, one of the fields you set is the failsoft channel. When the controller fails, it dumps all fleets onto their assigned failsoft channel, in an open conventional mode, with a warning beep.

Failsoft is meant so that the radios still have some ability to communicate during a major failure of the trunked system. In practical operation, it's bedlam. "This is Mike with Mike's Plumbing, what are all you people doing on my channel?"..This is Joe with Joe's Roofing, what are you doing on my channel?".

LTR does not have one master controller which is susceptable to this kind of failure. Each repeater has it's own controller, which communicates with the others over a data bus. If one controller fails, every fleet which uses that repeater as a home channel is completely out of operation. If communication on the data bus fails, the system will not hand off to another channel when the home channel is busy.

Last edited:

gldavis

KE7MQF
Premium Subscriber
They must be to far south for me to receive. I noticed the Database only shows two of the freqs that you listed. Are you sure all four are part of the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.