Freq for space shuttle near Albany?

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamgirard

Hello, now that the space shuttle is back in the air for one of the last times, I have been trying to find a way to hear the transmissions in Albany. I saw online that RPI rebroadcast the signal but after tuning to it, I have yet to hear anything on the channel so I assume it's off air.

Is there anyplace near Albany rebroadcasting the shuttle transmissions or is my only hope trying to program in the actual shuttle transmitter frequency and hope they are on the correct side of the earth for me to hear them?

Thanks

Adam

135fixer

freq's for iss and shuttel

iss is on 2 meters ham band voice downlink is 145.80 MHz, call sign NA1SS, see the ariss web site for more

D

DaveNF2G

To my knowledge, no hams in the area are doing the retransmissions any more. You might still catch WA3NAN on the HF bands.

It's easier nowadays to go to NASA TV or NASA Audio online.

w/r/t the above mentioned frequencies, the 2.2 GHz TDRSS traffic is all digital, multiplexed, and encrypted. I'm not sure if encryption is used full time or only during DOD missions.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
w/r/t the above mentioned frequencies, the 2.2 GHz TDRSS traffic is all digital, multiplexed, and encrypted. I'm not sure if encryption is used full time or only during DOD missions.

The last DoD mission was in 1992, so that shouldn't be a factor ;) You cannot monitor the TDRSS. You _might_ get some of the UHF comms during the EVA -- tonight is your last chance. Next mission has been delayed a few weeks due to cold weather in Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.