Freq list for Round Rock Area

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9XA

Hi: I am new to this forum so if I am in the wrong place, please let me know. I have a Radio Shack PRO 2055 which I have not used much. Trying to get a list of frequencies for my area, Round Rock TX for Police, Fire and EMS. In addition I want to monitor the frequencies at Georgetown Airport KGTU. Not really interested in the Surrounding County or State troopers. Just the locals :) Would appreciate any help.
Regards
Mike N9XA

ScanWI

MN & WI DB Admin
Database Admin

N9XA

The City of Round rock uses the Greater Austin/Travis Regional Radio System (GATRRS) Trunking System, This is a Digital System and will require a digital radio, such as the Pro-197, Pro-106, BCD996xt, or BCD396xt. The you can still program the fire channels, but you will only here the Pages, no other traffic. Here is the listing of channels for the entire county and citie therin Williamson County, Texas (TX) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference
Thanks for the information. I should have known this would get expensive :) I'll investigate some other scanners.
Mike N9XA

Round Rock Fire

I am doing a followup been a good while. Ok so I was looking on Radio Reference and it says Round Rock is Phase I. All I want to listen to is Fire Dispatch and all operations channels. All we able to listen to Round Fire Dispatch and Tac Channels and will a Uniden Bearcat BCD436HP handheld work? Is can be used for Phase I or Phase II........

Russell

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
When looking at Round Rock and Williamson County pay particular attention to the 'E' in the mode column. Many Williamson County agencies are fully encrypted on GATRRS and thus not monitorable. So much for open policing. Got to wonder what they're hiding.

Last edited:

rvacs

Premium Subscriber
Russell you are right

Russell you are so right - the dreaded "E" mean all Williamson County almost is encrypted. Would love to hear what is being said over Round Rock PD channels.

rbarker

Robert
if you are using an older scanner there are several older frequencies still in use:
155.61 Jollyville Fire tone out
155.6925 Georgetown Fire Tone Out (have to be close like near downtown)
462.975 EMS tone out (off and on)
856.2125 Round Rock Fire Tone outs

128.85 Brackenridge Helipad can hear helicopters talking
155.34 Tx Med 1
463.675 Air Evac
155.4675 DPS Base
154.6875 DPS Mobile

rbarker

Robert
Normally 856.2125 is just page out (in the clear) for Round Rock Fire Dept, but i just heard a station respond on here telling the dispatcher that they received the test tones.

lots of ACL Fest Traffic this weekend on the Austin GATRRS

Status
Not open for further replies.