Freq problem with 15x

Status
Not open for further replies.

daneg

So I try manually putting in 152.3375 in my BCT 15x. It doesn't show it. However I used freeSCAN then and it accepted but then when keying up on that channel nothing. But it picks it up as 152.3300.

It should be 152.3375 pl 88.5 12.5khz but you can't hear it. I haven't had enough time to try it again without the pl tone.

Any ideas? Sent on my iPhone

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I believe you need to reset the step size. There's a pulldown in the group edit form for that. And with that kind of allocation, I suspect you would also need to change the mode to NFM...best regards..Mike

daneg

I believe you need to reset the step size. There's a pulldown in the group edit form for that. And with that kind of allocation, I suspect you would also need to change the mode to NFM...best regards..Mike

Is that the pull down on the actual scanner or software?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There's a selection for it, I'm sure in the scanner menus if you were doing this manually, but first things first - do it in FreeScan and it should take it, assuming you set the step size correctly. It's to the right of PRI and left of MOD in the conventional group form

Mike

daneg

There's a selection for it, I'm sure in the scanner menus if you were doing this manually, but first things first - do it in FreeScan and it should take it, assuming you set the step size correctly. It's to the right of PRI and left of MOD in the conventional group form

Mike

Thanks I'll try that tonight.

daneg

Nevermind I found NFM. Should this correct the issue? Would this be why when doing it manually it didn't let me enter 3375?

I selected NFM but it doesn't let me enter the step size, or does it do it by itself?

Last edited:

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Nevermind I found NFM. Should this correct the issue? Would this be why when doing it manually it didn't let me enter 3375?

I selected NFM but it doesn't let me enter the step size, or does it do it by itself?

No, that won't change the step size. I don't have my 15X with me to figure our where it is. Try looking at the manual. Easier to Read BCT15-X Scanner Manual

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus

No it's a 2 step process. You need to change the mode AND the step size. I have already told you where in FreeScan you need to make this change. If this is a Narrow band allocation, (and it seems like it is), then the step size should be changed, I think, to 7.5 khz

Mike

daneg

No it's a 2 step process. You need to change the mode AND the step size. I have already told you where in FreeScan you need to make this change. If this is a Narrow band allocation, (and it seems like it is), then the step size should be changed, I think, to 7.5 khz

Mike

Thanks I didn't take notice I had simple view checked so it hid that part.

DJ88

I have a 15X and just entered the frequency and it accepted it.
Press MENU and using the large knob on the right, scroll to settings and press E.
Scroll to BAND DEFAULTS and press E.
On my scanner the first one (25.0:AM/ 5.0) is hightlighted, and as I said, it accepted the frequency, so make sure yours is the same and enter the freq. again.

daneg

I have a 15X and just entered the frequency and it accepted it.
Press MENU and using the large knob on the right, scroll to settings and press E.
Scroll to BAND DEFAULTS and press E.
On my scanner the first one (25.0:AM/ 5.0) is hightlighted, and as I said, it accepted the frequency, so make sure yours is the same and enter the freq. again.

Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.