Freqs for I-15 east of Baker towards Stateline

Status
Not open for further replies.

brandon

Database Admin
I already have the San Bernardino trunked systems but I remember when travelling last year there were many parts of the high desert that I was unable to hear any control channels on the trunked systems. Do these areas use conventional channels such as D-LAW, D-FIRE, etc? I am mainly interested in any law enforcement and fire traffic in case there are any accidents out there.

Also anyone know what freqs Stateline and Jean use for PD and Fire?

Thanks.

karldotcom

Are you a member of the Hi Desert Scan group on yahoogroups ? They have Pro 96, Pro96 and Pro 97 files already posted in the files section.

Last edited:

NORCAL

Hi Desert scan Group

karldotcom said:
Are you a member of the Hi Desert Scan group on yahoogroups ? They have Pro 96, Pro96 and Pro 97 files already posted in the files section.

I searched the Yahoo scan group, but could not find the Hi Desert Scan Group listing amongst the 645 listings. Do you have the direct link to this group?

rescue_pooh

When the file comes up it's a bunch of gibberish is there a certain program I need to open them with. We have Windows XP I've tried opening up with both Microsoft Word and Excel and they both come up with gibberish. Thanks

Jeff

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
rescue_pooh said:
When the file comes up it's a bunch of gibberish is there a certain program I need to open them with. We have Windows XP I've tried opening up with both Microsoft Word and Excel and they both come up with gibberish. Thanks
They aren't CSV files. You need to open them with the appropriate program downloadable at www.starrsoft.com

-Wayne

LZJSR

Premium Subscriber
I-15 Baker to Stateline

You should have D-Fire1-4 and D-Law-1-4 programmed, as they simulcast the 800 Mhz system. You should also program 151.145 for fire simulcast, 154.205 and 154.07 for DesertComm FD, and 154.34 for Clark County Fire. Mercy Air uses 155.22 in Ca, and 453.95 in NV, BLM uses 166.375, and CHP is on 42.56. The 800Mhz system to monitor is System II near Barstow/Victorville, System 3 once you get to Yermo. For the most part, though, the D-Fire/Law-1/2/3/4 channels are the best for the drive. That pretty much covers the Fire/EMS traffic from Barstow to Las Vegas along the I-15. Metro PD (Clark Co. SO) uses 158.85 pL:173.8 in the area.

Also, you should keep in mind the "Tecopa Detour" if travelling from LA to Vegas. It is about 10 miles longer than the direct route, but if there is anything going on on I-15 north of Baker, you will save a lot of time. The detour is as follows:

NB I-15 to the CA-127 Exit.
Exit
Travel North on CA-127 for about 40 miles to Tecopa Hot Springs Road (about 1 mile after entering Inyo County).
Turn Right on Tecopa Hot Springs Road.
Go through town, following the double yellow line.
Continue on this road, now called "Old Spanish Trail" for about 30 minutes
At NV-160, turn Right.
Travel about 30 minutes until you meet back up with I-15 at the Silverton Hotel.

I have used this route many times. There are very few cars on this route, and can save you a lot of time if I-15 is busy.

If you go this way, also program 170.1 for Death Valley NP, 166.375 for BLM Fire, 154.725 for Inyo SO/Tecopa Fire Dispatch, 154.34 and 154.4 for Clark County Fire Dispatch, 154.445 for Pahrump Valley Fire Rescue, and 42.12/42.2 for CHP Bishop Dispatch.

Last edited:

brandon

Database Admin
Thanks for all the information. Those D-Law and D-Fire freqs were active and got plenty of action on System 1, 2, 3 and DESCOM EDACS as well as the VHF 151.145 patch (I can get that one here too).
Clark County 154.400 was some good listening as well as the NHP EDACS system.

Believe it or not I was picking up System 8 along with LA Sheriff Lancaster and San Dimas/Walnut stations in the mountains between Stateline and Baker. That 4,000 ft altitude really does wonders considering my antenna isn't the best in the world.

Thx again for the info it was really helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.