freqs for shiawassee county michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

cata323

I live in eaton county and was wondering if shiawassee county is on apco25 system?
i just got a used pro-96 and am frustrated with trying to read and learn the hand book. i also donot know the range of digital reception and live about 35 miles away. thank you Richard Gokee.

bezking

Hi and welcome to RadioReference, Richard.

I have moved your thread to the Michigan forum. In the future, please take a look at all the forums we have to offer before posting. Posting in the best possible forum for your question will help to ensure a quicker and more accurate response.

Thanks!

SCPD

QRT
I live in eaton county and was wondering if shiawassee county is on apco25 system?
i just got a used pro-96 and am frustrated with trying to read and learn the hand book. i also donot know the range of digital reception and live about 35 miles away. thank you Richard Gokee.

yes Shiawassee Co is on the MPSCS. The Owosso tower's range is 15 miles so you probably won't be able to pick it up from from Eaton Co. But you might be able to pick up Shi Co talkgroups from a tower from an adjacent county.

Last edited:

cata323

thank you mr flintstone i am not sure i understand about picking another tower from here
i used to live in owosso and when i moved to lansing i used to clearly hear the central dispatch on 155.430 thanks for helping a new dummy, i find this pro-96 overwhelming cata323

SCPD

QRT
thank you mr flintstone i am not sure i understand about picking another tower from here
i used to live in owosso and when i moved to lansing i used to clearly hear the central dispatch on 155.430 thanks for helping a new dummy, i find this pro-96 overwhelming cata323

the Pro 96 is simple, I've had one for 5 years. 3 easy steps and you're listening to trunked systems:

1. enter the control frequencies

2. set them to Motorola

3. set the bank to Motorola

hit scan and you're done

cata323

shiawassee co.

I did as you told me but havent heard anything yet.maybe to far away.
do the control channels have to be in any order?
I just set my radio on bank 4 channel 00 and put what was listed as a primary channel in first and changed to MO on the channel and band i beleive. i will wait for ant transmissions thanks Rick.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
As I mentioned, you are too far away to hear Owosso.

SCPD

QRT
As I mentioned, you are too far away to hear Owosso.

I think he could at least try. With my Pro 96 and a 800 MHz portable antenna I can clearly pick up Genesee Co, Owosso, Holly, Columbiaville and Saginaw Co. indoors.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Of course he can try, but I have a base and am closer to him (west Lansing) and cannot get the Owosso tower. That's 50 miles away for him -- 50 miles is outside of the MPSCS range.

cata323

i havent heard anything from owosso but i am only on the rubber antenna ,my guess is i need a outdoor antenna.and with a 15 mile range im probably not gonna receive them.
on another question why does my scanner manually go up thru the channels say on bank 5 to 549 and then jumps to 600 ? are there 50 channels hidden or in another location? thank you flintstone on your replys Rick

Last edited:

cata323

mr dale what is the fair range on these transmissions? 30 miles max ? i caught a unit at m-37 and river road and beleive that is hastings which is about 35 miles for me. just a newbee on this and i am struggling with this scanner. thanks for the help Rick

SCPD

QRT
i havent heard anything from owosso but i am only on the rubber antenna ,my guess is i need a outdoor antenna.and with a 15 mile range im probably not gonna receive them.
on another question why does my scanner manually go up thru the channels say on bank 5 to 549 and then jumps to 600 ? are there 50 channels hidden or in another location? thank you flintstone on your replys Rick

before you put up an outdoor antenna try the Radio Shack 800 MHz portable antenna.
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102525

Its made specifically for trunking so reception is better in that range; unlike the stock antenna that comes with the scanner which is made for all bands.

Each bank on the Pro 96 only has 50 channels.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
mr dale what is the fair range on these transmissions? 30 miles max ? i caught a unit at m-37 and river road and beleive that is hastings which is about 35 miles for me. just a newbee on this and i am struggling with this scanner. thanks for the help Rick

you're probably picking it up on a tower in your area and not the tower closest to the mobile unit. The mobile unit's range covers 2 towers or more so that's how you heard it. Genesee County transmissions are often heard on the Holly and Columbia towers because the both reach well into Genesee County and vice versa

Last edited:

cata323

pro 96

my wife who can read and understand what she reads programmed my scanner on 800 mhz and i am getting motorola freq now and have heard state police in livingston county and muskegon tonight as well as lansing area sometimes it comes thru scrambled but other times perfect thank you for the help
cata323

Status
Not open for further replies.