Freqs to Monitor NOPD NOFD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cjouglard3

Is there a database entry for the trunking system to monitor the NOLA systems? Or are they all on the LWIN system? I cannot find the entries for NOLA

nexus

Let me expand on this question... I know that NOPD is using LWIN. I'm going to be in the quarter and at the superdome tomorrow. Which site should I use to get the best reception? I'll be using a BCD996 with an external 800mhz antenna on my vehicle.

I saw NO Metro North and South, the coverage for south looked like it was out of range for the superdome and North's map didn't come up. I'm coming from MS so I'm also going to put Slidell in there. But can someone tell me which site to use once I make it to Canal St. off the interstate?

Thanks.

nexus

Never mind I think I just found the answer to my question. It looks like the "Pan AM - NO" site is going to be the one to use, since it's right at 601 Poydras right in the middle of down town with 30 mi radius which is perfect. Unless anyone else on here who uses the system has any suggestions. Maybe what the best talkgroup to listen to for NOPD would be. I see there are 10 district dispatch and car talkgroups, I'm mostly interested in the quarter in and around the hardrock cafe, and at the superdome if anyone can identify for me which district those two areas are in will greatly enhance my listening pleasure.

Last edited:
pan-am site

it might be my scanner but the pan-am site don't quite have a good range,LOTS of dead spots throughout the east.if you going to be downtown,,under the antenna,,,reception is excellent and so is the system,listen to dispatch 1

gpswx4cster

North Simulcast

The best site to use is the north simulcast system. You will receive NOPD, NOFD, JPSO and many others. The Pan AM system will only receive units affiliated with that site.

Status
Not open for further replies.